MINNEAPOLIS-ST.PAUL (MN) 2022 HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION 2023
Application Deadline April 17th at 11:59 p.m.
The Minneapolis – St. Paul Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, is pleased to announce the offering of scholarships to deserving students of African American descent, in their pursuit of higher education. The Minneapolis- St Paul Chapter of the Links Incorporated was founded in 1972. Since that time the Chapter is proud to have rewarded over $830,000 in scholarships to African American high school students from the greater Twin cities Area who have demonstrated financial need and superior academic achievement. The Links Incorporated Scholarship is open to graduating seniors who meet the criteria listed below.
Students interested in applying must click on the link below for instructions and then complete the application process as outlined in the Scholarship Application link from one of the buttons below. You must submit your application online by the deadline April 17th 11:59 p.m. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
You are eligible for this scholarship application if you meet the following criteria:
Must be high school senior of African American descent, graduating at the end of 2023 school year.
Ø Currently enrolled in a Minnesota high school- public, private, charter, or parochial .
Ø Have applied or been accepted to an accredited two or four-year university or college as a full-time freshman in the Fall of 2023;
Ø Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher at the time of application.
Ø Be able to demonstrate performance of community service.
Ø Be able to demonstrate financial need via the scholarship application.
Ø Must not be a relative of a member of the Minneapolis St Paul Chapter of the Links Inc.
1. Submit a completed application together with requested documents by April 17, 2023
2. Submit a head shot photo of yourself without a mask.
3. Submit Personal statement: The statement must be 300 -500 words long , include some information about yourself ( include your future goals, career goals, employment, college choice, planned college major, continuing education plan) and the reason for applying for this scholarship.
4. Sign attestation statement of financial need.
5. Submit a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor or school official on your school’s letterhead. Send to [email protected]. Letter of recommendation from the school counselor or teacher MUST include the name, and contact information (email and/or phone) of the individual writing the letter.
6. Submit an official grade transcript which includes your cumulative unweighted grade point average (transcript required).
Items 1-4 are submitted via the application.
Items 5 and 6 are submitted by your teacher, counselor or school official to [email protected]
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.