Application Deadline March 15th, 2024, 11:59 pm
The Minneapolis – St. Paul Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, is pleased to announce the offering of scholarships to deserving students of African American descent, in their pursuit of higher education. The Minneapolis- St Paul Chapter of the Links Incorporated was founded in 1972. Since that time the Chapter is proud to have rewarded over $830,000 in scholarships to African American high school students from the greater Twin cities Area who have demonstrated financial need and superior academic achievement. The Links Incorporated Scholarship is open to graduating seniors who meet the criteria listed below.
Students interested in applying must click on the link below for instructions and then complete the application process as outlined in the Scholarship Application link from one of the buttons below. You must submit your application online by the deadline March 15th, 2024, 11:59 pm
. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact us at [email protected].
- Must be high school senior of African American descent, graduating at the end of 2024 school year.
- Currently enrolled in a public, private, charter or parochial high school in the Seven county metro area – Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, Washington
- Have applied or been accepted to an accredited two or four-year university or college as a full-time freshman in the Fall of 2024;
- Have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher at the time of application.
- Be able to demonstrate performance of community service, participation in school extracurricular activities and leadership experiences
- Be able to demonstrate financial need via the scholarship application.
- Must not be an immediate relative of a member of the Minneapolis St Paul Chapter of the Links Inc..The applicant cannot be a child, sibling ,grandchild, or great grandchild of a current member of Minneapolis St Paul Chapter of the Links Inc .
- Submit a completed application together with requested documents by March 15th, 2024, 11:59 pm
- Submit a head shot photo of yourself without a mask .
- Submit Personal statement : The statement must be 300 -500 words long , include some information about yourself, your future goals (Include career goals, employment, college choice, planned college major, continuing education plan) and the reason for applying for this scholarship.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a high school teacher or counselor on your school’s letterhead. Send to [email protected]. Letter of recommendation from the school counselor or teacher official MUST include the name, and contact information (email and/or phone) of the individual writing the letter.
- Submit an official grade transcript which includes your cumulative unweighted grade point average.
Please answer all of the questions on the application. Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
- Updated 1/16/2024